No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problems...

No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problems...
©Marcia Joy Duggan

May 5, 2008

Brewster in Bloom


Brewster in Bloom

As I drove along Route 6A, these daffodils caught my attention. At first I photographed the daffodils closeup without their surroundings. I photographed them from the front, and the side but still did not have the image I was looking for. Then I added a few shots of the daffodils as they framed the church that was on the same side of the street as the flowers. The sun was behind me and it was casting very contrasty shadows on the church. I knew the final image was going to have too much contrast so I stopped, and looked around for a different point of view.

It wasn't until I turned around that I found the image that really showed off the beauty of the daffodils....backlit, with the sun adding a 3 dimensional look. Since I had to contend with the pavement running right through the center of my photograph, I decided to crouch low and have the daffodils camoflouge the road. The barn with the bikes was not staged!
A little luck and a little being in the right place at the right time.

Enjoy,
marcia

No comments: